Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Thrift store day

One store was having a fabulous sale - 10/$1 for paperbacks, 5/$1 for hardbacks...

Photobucket
10 cents each!

(And yes, I've read The Lovely Bones. I always see it at thrift stores and yard sales and book sales and have always left it, but for 10 cents, well, I figured, why not.)

Photobucket

The book with the bones on it is called "The Bone Lady: Life as a Forensic Anthropologist" and I am really excited to read it. And no, I never watch the TV show Bones despite Angel being on it (Angel...is in the sunlight...and he's not bursting into flames...?) but I may have to now!

Ah and I've read Anansi Boys too but...yeah...NEIL GAIMAN FOR A DIME YES PLEASE.

(Not shown, a book about pets found on Petfinder that was book #10. I got it for the friend I was thrifting with.)

Photobucket

20 cents each. I already have Office Spa but for 20 cents I figured I could cut it up a bit - it has really cute illustrations.

(Not shown, the two books my friend got - a book about the Dalai Lama and...something else...)

Photobucket

The Last Unicorn - 75 cents (half price).
Ridiculous baby food cookbook - $1.25 (half price).
Toddler book (Seal Press! One of my favorite funky publishers!) - $1.50.

Photobucket
$1.25.

Photobucket

$1.25 each.

Photobucket

$1.50 each. OMG YES I MIGHT GO TO JAPAN. SOMEDAY. WITH MY DAUGHTER. Or, well, it was just too cool to pass up.

Weird thrifty-magical note: at the next Goodwill we went to, several towns over? Another copy of that kids/Japan book! But the one I bought was in better shape so yay.

Photobucket

The one on the left I got in a little used bookstore about a week before all the other books for $2. The one on the right is from the same trip as everything above and was 75 cents (half price). Wheeeeeeee Dr. Sears. Patron saint of crunchy moms everywhere. I hope I can find the rest of the set someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment