Sunday, May 3, 2009

Thrift store fun!

I'm visiting a friend of mine in Virginia and she and I headed out to her favorite thrift store...which was closed on Sundays. So instead we went to a different store that had TONS AND TONS of books - most paperbacks were 99 cents and most hardbacks were $1.99.

Photobucket
99 cents each.

Photobucket
99 cents each.

Photobucket
99 cents each.

Photobucket
99 cents, but um, I already have it. Oops. I am going to give my extra to a friend.

In words, I bought:
Thunder and Lightning by Natalie Goldberg
Flux by Peggy Orenstein
Flea by Sheila Zubrod & David Stern (Outdated, but has fun advice about what to look for at flea markets and thrift stores)
A Big Storm Knocked It Over by Laurie Colwin (I love More Home Cooking so I was excited to find this)
The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat and Other Clinical Tales by Oliver Sacks (I really wanted to read this!)
A Girl from Yamhill by Beverly Cleary (yessss)
The Toddler Owner's Manual

Books I put back - a copy of Weetzie Bat (I really wanted to rescue and give this one away, but...), a copy of Pledged (I've read it and I guess I don't need to own it), an ARC of the reissue of I Never Promised You a Rose Garden (I want to read it but I can get it at the library), and a hardback memoir called...A Kind Girl or...something Kind of Girl...yeah, clearly I really wanted that one, right? but if it had been paperback I totally would've gotten it. If you know what I'm talking about, comment - it's a memoir of a girl whose sister either died or was kidnapped/killed I think? She also had an autistic brother and the book jacket said (I remember this part) it was before autism was widely diagnosed. ETA: Found it! It's called "Girls of Tender Age."

Book fast - pshaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment