Saturday, May 23, 2009

Library sale!

I just can't resist my local library's booksale. I can't.

Photobucket

$1 each. Essays about motherhood (how many of these types of books do I need? Lots, apparently) and doctors/medical issues (ditto).

Photobucket

The book on the left was $1 and I'm really excited to read it. It was one of the last books I grabbed. The book on the right was $2 - I saw NPR on the cover and basically had to have it. Inside is a letter from the publisher. Nifty.

Photobucket

The book on the left is a book about books - how META! I almost squealed out loud when I found it. The book on the right I believe I've read about somewhere - the woman talks about her life and illustrates her favorite outfits. It's beautiful and fascinating. $1 each.

Photobucket

And finally, the cookbooks! $1 each. The ice cream book at the top left will go nicely with the gelato book I bought a few weeks ago - I grabbed it when a little girl put it down. (Yes, she was done with it - I don't steal from children!) The book on the top right is another toddler cookbook, apparently a new genre for me to explore. I have another toddler cookbook in my collection with a similar red-and-white checked background... At the bottom left we have the most ridiculous thing I bought today - a book about jello shots. Except I'm a grownup who doesn't party like that anymore. Oh and a vegetarian who doesn't eat jello. But it's a CHRONICLE book and it has adorable illustrations. I could not resist for a dollar. And finally, another book for my eccentric old cookbook collection. It's hard to see in the picture, but it's a diet book and the author was director of food services for Neiman-Marcus. Ha. Someday I'm going to have a kitchen in which I can display those...

That's all for today (unless I sneak back later).

No comments:

Post a Comment