Sunday, May 10, 2009

Another day of thrifting...

OK OK OK. I really have to stay away from thrift stores for a few weeks. Also, I think I should skip my local library booksale when it happens if only because I tend to see the books I get there for far cheaper at thrift stores. (We'll see about that though.)

So. Thrift store #1:

Photobucket

Ah. Just one book, $1.50. Great!

Thrift store #2:

Photobucket

OK...6 books at $1.50 each. Hear me out - I've always wanted to read Lamb, and Black, White and Jewish, and Thunderbolt Kid. I love Laurie Notaro so much. And I'm a sucker for travel tales of moving to a foreign country. (I actually skipped buying yet another one...)

Photobucket

Oh this little thing? It's tiny! And it was a yellow tag so it was half price! Only 75 cents! That hardly counts as a book. (I did put back another yellow-tagged book - about the woman who helped save giant pandas. Yeah, I know, I probably wouldn't have ever read it, but it looked so interesting...anyway it went back on the shelf. I get points for that, don't I?) By the way, this book scores big because aside from adorable content, it is a Chronicle book (yay) AND it is by Jennifer Traig, who is the author of two memoirs that I absolutely adored. Fabulous.

Photobucket

Well, yeah, these are hardback books. But I really always wanted to read the Listening book, and I totally am going to make gelato. OK, I'm not, but it's a gorgeous book - next to Chronicle cookbooks, 10 Speed Press cookbooks are my favorite for layout and content. Each of these was $2.50 AKA way more than I'd usually pay. I lost my head, what can I tell you.

ETA: Sadly, two pages of my beautiful gelato book were ripped out - well, that explains why it was at the thrift store. But it's absolutely gorgeous anyway and maybe I really will make some of the recipes someday.

We won't talk about the 3 books I ordered on Amazon earlier in the week...(I have tons of Amazon credit and was ordering the new Tori Amos CD...I'll tell you about it when they arrive.)

No comments:

Post a Comment