Sunday, January 18, 2009

Thrift stores in January

I hit two Goodwills and a Value Village yesterday. One of the Goodwills had hardly any books, which was very very sad (but I still got one there). Value Village, on the other hand, made me very happy.

Photobucket

60 cents for Angelina, 80 cents for the kitties! (Value Village)

Photobucket

$1.50 - the pictures inside are gorgeous. (Goodwill)

Photobucket

$1.50 each - seriously, I still haven't gotten over the Goodwills around here doubling their book prices, and it's been over a year since it happened. Sheesh. (They used to be 75 cents each, and it was wonderful.) (Augusten was at Value Village, Susan Jane was hanging out at the no-books-for-you Goodwill)

Photobucket

Oh hey, free bookmark! It's nifty - lets you mark the last sentence you read as well as the page. Thanks Susan Jane!

Photobucket

$1.50 each at Goodwill - the top left is a history of American weddings, the top right is a book about a woman adopting a baby from China, and the bottom book is about Tramps. Kinda.

Photobucket

Both from VV - Dave was $1.50, and Lemony was $1.01 - I thought that was one of the Lemony Snicket books I'm missing, but it was actually one of the ones I already had in paperback. My goal is to have them all in hardback, so that's fine.

Photobucket

$2.50 at Goodwill. I cannot resist a gorgeous cookbook from Chronicle Books. I just can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment